According to web metrics company comScore, YouTube was named the second-largest search engine, so it makes sense to add video to your website. Do you have videos on your website? I haven’t added any videos yet, but Gary Vaynerchuk got his start by creating a video blog on wines and has become a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author!
Here are some questions to ask before you add videos to your site the way Gary V did:
- What kind of videos will work best on your website? Humor? Testimonial? How-To? How important is it for the tone of your videos to match the tone of your website?
- How do you get the videos to play on your site? What video player should you use?
- Do you copyright your videos? How? Has anyone been sentenced to “copyright school”? http://politi.co/dOyh7V
- Is SEO a part of your video strategy? How else do you integrate video into your marketing?
- What video metrics should you track? How do you track it? http://bit.ly/g00kBV
We’ll be discussing these questions and more during the #SMchat session on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 from 1-2P ET. Please join us or add your insights to the comments section below.