I want to make sure that readers are aware that I won the pass to this conference during the MarketingProfs’ Digital Marketing Mixer Sneak Peek. This in no way impacted my conference review below. Please see the Disclosures and Policies page for more information.
Ann Handley, Stephanie Miller, and Sharon Mostyn (left to right) at MarketingProfs’ Digital Marketing Mixer! Copyright © 2009 MarketingProfs Live. All rights reserved.
Last week, I attended the MarketingProfs’ Digital Marketing Mixer in Chicago. After 20+ years in the advertising/marketing business, I’m a bit jaded when it comes to conferences, but the speaker list looked good and it would give me a chance to meet “in person” many of the people that I had only met “virtually” via Twitter, email, etc., so I went. I generally consider conferences worthwhile if I get one or two takeaways from the whole conference. That was not the case at the MarketingProfs’ Digital Marketing Mixer. Instead, I got 3-5 things from EACH SESSION that I was ready to implement immediately!
My goal for the next MPDM is a good pic with all my Tweeps! I will be elaborating on the individual things I learned and how they’re being used in future posts, but I thought you might be interested in what some other people have to say about this event:
- Jay Baer summed the event up with 33 Hot Social Media and Digital Marketing Tips (and 8 Killer Quotes).
- I made Aneta Hall’s list of Best Social Media #mpdm Tweets (twice, but once was a RT).
- I didn’t make Michael Damphousse’s Top 20 Tweets from #mpdm, but there were many great people who did.
- Sean Duffy flew in from Sweden to attend! You can see how much he enjoyed the event in his response to the question, Are MarketingProfs Digital Mixers really worth the time and expense?
- Mack Collier blogged daily and posted a Marketing Profs Digital Marketing Mixer: Recap.
- Debra Ellis presented on combining Direct Marketing and Social Media and posted some great Twitter eTips about #mpdm.
- Sonny Gill blogged about the community panel.
- Alexandros Poulos provided BtoB insightsin his post.
- David B. Thomas live-blogged several of the MarketingProfs sessions, including “How Big Brands Engage in Real Time Conversations with Consumers”, “Integrating Social Media Into Your Marketing Strategy”, “Business Blogging Tips and Case Studies” and “30 Ideas from the Digital Marketing Mixer You Can Implement Tomorrow”.
- Matt Grant live-blogged several sessions.
- Teresa Basich posted her insights on the MPDM aftermath.
- Matt Cheuvront wrote about the MPDM theme of social media being an investment.
- DJ Francis posted the only picture of me facing the camera and smiling in his blog post, The MarketingProfs Digital Mixer is Over, But the Work is Just Beginning, although I’m partially blocked by a blurry guy.
- Jessica at Switch also posted Tips from the Digital Marketing Mixer in the Switch blog.
- Check out Eric Hoffman’s Marketing Profs Digital Marketing Mixer 2.0 post if you’re looking for downloadable Word doc notes of both days!
- Michael Brito wrote an article called, Lessons Learned from the MarketingProfs Digital Marketing Mixer 2009 on his blog.
I’m sure I’ve missed a few blog posts, if you’ll take the time to tell me about them, I’ll be sure to add them!